Top Menu

1:00 PM

I’m very shy – Van Vicker




If you are to describe yourself
I am a very shy person, I am an introvert, but when it comes to work, I am a different person, because my work demands that I must not be shy.
Challenges
Meeting people for the very first time, may be you are not friends yet, and tried to be the best that you can. The challenge is more of a general one when you need to step up your game to keep you on your toes.
Your journey into acting
I started six years ago when I was into ‘showbiz’. I’ve been into T.V and radio presentation. A producer actually walked up to me for a role in a movie and that is how I started.
What do you think made the producer approach you for the role, your good looks?
I would not say that because I was in the ‘Showbiz’ long ago before I started acting. I was a T.V and radio presenter. I think what they were looking for was not
only the good looks, but also a confident person. I have the confidence and God blessed me with the face.
How do you feel as one of the best Ghanaian actors?
I have mixed feelings, both good and bad. It’s a good because the recognition is there for me but I feel bad in the sense that I wish there were a lot more of us to give room for competition.
Does that mean Ghana lack good actors?
Not really, but there are not as many actors compared to the Nigerian movie industry. We need more, that is why I feel bad. May be they do exist but we need more.
How would you describe a good actor?
I would say that whatever anybody does, good or bad, he would be acknowledged. So if you are acknowledged, that shows that you are good.
Side by side, how would you rate the Nigerian and Ghanaian movie industries?
Nigerians have been making lot of movies compare to Ghanaians. Quality wise, I think Nigerians have been there for a while, they have more experience than us, but very soon the comparison would not be that much or anything to go by, because Ghanaians are currently putting their best, likewise Nigerians.
Which is more tasking, Nigerian or Ghanaian movies?
Every movie is tasking, as far as I picked the role. It is not necessary about whether it’s a Nigerian or Ghanaian movie. It’s all about the character which I am playing. That is where the challenges are.
At what time did you get involve in Nigerian movie industry?
It was a Ghanaian producer (Venus Films), who got Nigerian owned Divine Touch movie production outfit for a collaboration here in Ghana, and that was how I started.
Some of the movies featured in
The Ghanaian ones are Divine Love, Darkness for Sorrow’, Beyonce Mummy etc. Nigerian movies include, Woman’s Hour, Total Love, One More Kiss, Opposite Attraction, just to mention a few.
What’s your take on fashion?
I am a trendy person, fashionable and love to look good. It does not really matter to me how expensive or cheap the outfit may be, so far it looks good on me, I like it.
You must have so many female admirers, how do you handle them?
I don’t think it is much of a big deal. (Laughs); People tend to like whoever they choose not necessarily because of who the person is. So, it’s either you give in or you don’t.
How long have you been married?
It’s going to eight years now.
You seem to have married early in life unlike many of you colleagues
I married when I was 26 years old because the time was right and I found love.
Does your wife also act?
No, she does not.
At what time did you meet her?
We met while in secondary school.
There seem to be many crashed marriages in show-biz industry and yours is thriving, what’s the secret?
That’s love, because if you don’t love somebody, I don’t see why you should be with him or her.
What is the role of trust?
Love embodies trust. Love is a total embodiment of trust, care, communication and the rest.
Who did the chasing?
Obviously, I did.
How do you relax?
I love playing snooker. I also do hangout a lot with my kids, when I am not doing anything.
How many kids?
I have two girls.

0 comments: