Top Menu

2:52 PM

You won’t catch me with see-through clothes







With over nine years of a thriving career in the fashion and event industry Nigeria, the economist turned-fashion designer, Joan Ibuzo, officially launched her line and brand, The House of Marie in 2009. Over the years, she has organised numerous fashion shows and events, was highly instrumental in the discovery of Ibiagbanidogibobo Darego, winner of 2001 Miss World pageant. The lady, reputed for her winning streaks, has transformed House of Marie’s classics such as the floral dress pattern and traditional West African attire and iconography to novel and hugely successful designs for the upward mobile. She tells OYINDAMOLA LAWAL the secret of her fashion sense.
Definition of fashion
Fashion is who you are. It is probably how you want to be.
What is style?
Style is you; it is what you make out of it.
Style of dressing
I like very elegant and clean lines; I don’t want complicated clothes.
Most stylish icon
Grace Kelly of Blessed Memory because of her elegance.
Favourite piece of clothing
It is jacket and a pair of jeans; as you can wear jeans with a million and one thing.
What you won’t be caught wearing?
I won’t wear see-through clothes. If you must wear sheer, wear something under. You must know your bodyline and wear what suits you.
Most cherished possession
My family… my husband and my kids.
Most expensive item
I wouldn’t tell you, I don’t want to be robbed.
Favourite designers
Myself
What determine what you wear?
My mood.
Favourite accessories
I like all accessories, shoes, bags and jeweleries, I think I will most likely gravitate towards jewellery first because these are things that will last and I want my daughter to wear them later.
What kind of jewellery do you like to wear?
I must wear an original because I react to costume.

0 comments: