Top Menu

2:20 PM

Lilian Bach Interview

Money, women and power are three inseparables that form a carnal trinity all over the world. Men of money and power usually end up attracting a flock of the most beautiful women.
The glamourous and stunning beauty, Lilian Bach, a model and Nollywood diva, lives an opulent lifestyle that attract stories linking her romantically with the wealthy and powerful politician, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
City wags state that her successes were down to favours from her alleged powerful lover.
If the story of an affair with the ACN leader is true, it will merely fit into a global pattern of famous female entertainers who have been romantically linked with the high and mighty in the society where they reside. In his tempestuous life time, the late US President, JF Kennedy, was rumoured to have dated a sizeable number of Hollywood beauties, including troubled star, Marilyn Monroe.
Even the late African queen of music, Mariam Makeba flirted and eventually married a former President of Guinea, in one of her turbulent affairs while alive. Several of such real and sometimes rumoured dalliances are constantly reported by the media around the globe with screaming headlines.
But one of Nollywood’s divas, Lilian Bach did not find the story funny.
Ensconced in her tastefully furnished home in the nouveau-riche area of Lekki, Lagos, with choice automobiles, a new multi million production outfit among other goodies, Bach angrily dismissed the allegation of a wild affair with Tinubu as total fabrication.
She wonders why people believe a hardworking lady of her status cannot hit success on her own without depending on a powerful lover.
“Oh my goodness! Are you kidding me? Where the hell did you hear that from? They are crazy. I don’t even know him (Tinubu). We’ve not even met and we are not having anything together,” she fumes.
Still seemingly jolted by the allegation, the former face of Delta Soap, who began her acting career in 1997, insisted the rumour remains false and ridiculous.
“What those spreading this false rumour failed to see is that some of us are doing other businesses apart from acting. We have other things that we do. I do interior decorations, I do corporate gifts, I do some supplies and other small contracts here and there. I have property, to the glory of God. So these are avenues that money is coming in for me,” she asserted.
The actress-turned-producer who recently breezed in from India with her latest movie, Naseeb, decided to share her true life story with your roaring Entertainment Express. Below is the true life story of Lilian Bola Bach, who was raised by her Nigerian mum upon the untimely death of her Polish dad.
My Polish dad died of Stroke
I lost my darling father a long time ago. He died of stroke. He was 60 years when he died. I was very close to my father. He was a Polish. He was working here in Nigeria when he met my mother. They married legally, so I’m not an unfortunate half-caste. I knew my father very well. My mother is from Isale-Eko here in Lagos State. I was also born at Island Maternity, Isale Eko, which makes me an original Omo Eko babe.
Between my mum and dad, we are four and I am the first and the only girl. My dad had a previous marriage that ended before he married my mother. But after I lost my father, my mum still got married and had two more children.
My biggest fond memory of my father is that he was a strict disciplinarian. They say that white people don’t smack their children but my father used to smack us a lot. He had this heavy slippers that if you didn’t listen he would just pick it up and smack you with it. He was a disciplinarian and we used to fear him a lot when he was alive. But he was a very loving father. He never hesitated to correct us whenever we went wrong and still drew us closer to himself afterward. He was very loving and very encouraging. He played his part very well when he was alive. I missed him a lot.
Oh my God, I miss a lot of things about him, but I can’t just say this is what I missed most about him. He used to take us out a lot. His company then was fun. I mean we could tell him anything. He was a mechanical engineer. He could operate any machine you can think of. He died in Rotterdam, Holland and was buried there, because his first wife was a Dutch. I visit Poland always to see my relatives. My younger brother got married to a Polish woman. I go to Poland every year. It’s just that I’ve not been there this year. But I will go soon. My Yoruba name is Bola.
Again, I thank God that I’m one of those people blessed with a wonderful mother. My mother is a very free person as long as you are doing a legal thing; go ahead and follow your heart. That’s my mother for you. She’s not one of those mothers that would insist you have to be a doctor or a lawyer. Her love aided my growth in the entertainment industry.
Secret of my beauty
First of all, just like we say in the movie industry when we are rolling the end credit, to God be the glory, I thank God that I am a beautiful woman. Everything good needs maintenance otherwise, that’s the end. If you don’t maintain your skin and everything around you they get spoilt easily. We have harsh weather here. For somebody like me with my natural fair skin, I have to maintain it. I do a lot of exfoliation, I do that daily. I moisturize my skin twice daily, against the sun and harsh weather. And I drink water, water is very good. And I sleep a lot anytime I have to sleep otherwise; you know the bag under the eyes will surface. Exfoliation helps removes dead cells.
For instance, we have exfoliating sponges that you use to wash your body. Some people don’t like sponge on their body, they prefer exfoliating soaps. Those soaps feel as if they have sands inside. The sandy part is what scratches your skin; it takes off the dead cells because if those dead cells don’t come off, you will not have a glowing skin. Once you’ve taken out the dead cells, then you have to maintain the skin by applying a lot of moisturizing cream or lotion depending on the type you like using, that is what I do.
My face particularly has the tendency of bringing out spots, so what I do is that I take off makeup before going to bed. I really don’t like makeup. I wear makeup because of camera. When I’m home I don’t use makeup. When I’m going out I make up very mildly and once I get home, I quickly take it off so that I can give my skin room to breathe. For me, relaxation is just the best way to make your skin healthy and eating the right food as well. So it’s good for you to identify what works for you.
When it comes to keeping fit I’m one of those lazy people and that’s due to the fact that I work so hard and by the time I’m waking up, it will be time for me to start another work. But there are times I face it so religiously and there are times I get tired. We are in the entertainment world and people are looking up to us for a lot of things. We are supposed to be role models. It’s not easy but I’m trying to make that part of my everyday life too

0 comments: